The importance of collars for dogs cannot be overemphasized. The problem is that most dog owners feel that using dog collars is inhumane, that they should be left to roam and get accustomed to the environment. While that is very true, dogs should also be disciplined and restrained to avoid complications in the future.
In times past, dog owners used crude punishment methods to discipline their dogs. They shouldn’t be blamed, however. They didn’t know any other way. But as time passed, people began to realize that you can achieve the same results without having to put your dog under traumatic conditions. The reward system proved to be more efficient, especially on home pets.
So, using a dog collar doesn’t necessarily relate to punishments. It only prevents the dog from acting without restrictions. Harsh ones like shock collars, however, are not encouraged.
That is why professional dog sitters and trainers pay a lot of attention to things like crate training, collar and leash training, as all these helps to restrain dogs especially in public environments. You wouldn’t want your dog to get distracted and chase after something he isn’t supposed to, leaving you in the dark, would you?
Benefits of using dog collars include:
- It provides a sense of security for the owner: The owner feels a sense of security whenever the dog is on a collar walking behind him/her. It allows you to control your dog’s movement in public spaces, and restrict their movements to areas that are out-of-reach or harmful.
- It secures the dog: whether dogs like it or not, collars prevent them from unnecessary harm. If they get distracted and decide to chase after something, there is no telling the danger that they encounter on the road, talk less of the injuries. By allowing their owners to protect them, they protect themselves.
Are sport dogs supposed to wear collars?
Of course. By all means!
Dog collars are there to protect your dog, irrespective of whatever exercises you want it to undertake. If your dog is to learn to swim, we highly recommend the waterproof sport dog training collar. This collar gives your dog the flexibility while still giving the owner control.
Still not convinced?
- Different training modes for different purposes: Our waterproof sport dog training collar has different training modes and intensity levels designed to help your dog train for whatever sport you want.
- It solves behavioral problems: If your dog battles with behavioral issues like food and stranger aggression, this might just be the answer to your heart desire! It can also help to teach your dog simple commands.
- It doesn’t irritate the skin: another reason a lot of dog owners run away from collars is skin irritation. If your dog has sensitive skin, that should no longer be a problem. This waterproof sport dog training collar has no adverse effect on the skin whatsoever!
- Waterproof protection: This protection allows your dog to train comfortably while swimming or bathing.